Monday, February 4, 2008

More charming than meets the eye!

I found some lovely fun fabric at Joanns the other week and felt compelled to do something with it. I finally had some time in which I could sit down and cut fabric out and sew. I was so excited that I just wanted to get it all over with and see the finished product. I made another "Charming Handbag" from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing book and I love, Love, LOVE how it turned out!
(And yet another use for my green velvet ribbon which I love!)
With each thing I make I can tell that I have improved which is exciting. With this bag I decided to add a few pockets since the original pattern did not call for any.

I thought I would add just a simple pocket on one side and on the other side I would add a fancy zippered pouch. I've never put a zip on the inside of a bag before so I was just making up my own rules. It didn't turn out the best but I think it will work for right now.
I love the colors - they remind me that spring is not too far away!

1 comment:

Emma's Mom said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! You inspire me, Amanda!