Friday, March 16, 2007

De-Baum Cookies


In honor of my father's birthday today I thought I would post a yummy new recipe that I just tried today. After a few small ingredient changes and a new name (After my daddy of course) they are ready! Enjoy!

De-Baum Cookies
yields about 3 dozen cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, at room temp.
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. almond extract (I had none so I used vanilla)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup flaked coconut (for one dozen I chose not to put the coconut in, for my husband who doesn't like it!)
1 cup almonds, chopped fine (I omitted this)
1/2 cup golden raisins (I omitted these as well...didn't have any!)
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use a silpat or parchment paper to drop the cookies on, otherwise lightly grease your baking sheet. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and two sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition. Beat in the almond (vanilla) extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in the oats, coconut, almonds, raisins, and chocolate chips. Drop the dough by spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

Let's all sit down to dunk a few of these yummy cookies and toast my Daddy. Enjoy!

No comments: