Monday, July 9, 2007

Apparently Blogger is having issues with me posting a title. Both in this and the other blog of mine I can't publish a title! Anyway...

On to something new!

Lately I have been feeling quite run down and pretty much blah. I haven't had much stimulation in any area and my mind has felt quite numb so I decided that the thing to snap me out of this...whatever it is...is a project. I'm really not so great at sewing but I thought I'd better give it a try. I have had my eye on some very gorgeous Vera Bradley quilted totes, especially the Java Blue, Capri Melon, and Petal Pink fabrics. These bags are so cute and stylish...and that says a lot coming from me because I normally don't like bags of any kind. I hate carrying around diaper bags, and purses...I hate all the stuff that goes inside of the totes...but these bags are just quite simply delicious. The only problem is the price of these great bags! So I thought that maybe I could just make one myself. I went so far as to find the exact fabric on ebay...but even that would have been a bit much. I would love to have that fabric...in fact, I had a very difficult time falling asleep last night just because I was debating in my head on how I was going to make it possible to have and make this purse! So I decided to head over to Joann fabrics and find a pattern (that was easy to follow) and some fabric. I had high hopes in finding something as cute and colorful as the Vera Bradley bags. I had no such luck. The only other option I came across was actually quite nice. Simple and elegant...black and white toile (or at least I think that's what they call it!) The pattern I found was a simplicity pattern, titled "Sewing Patterns for Dummies" and I'm sure I"ll even get some of the directions wrong here and there, but I have to at least try! I'm planning on making the smaller tote, and we'll see how it goes. Here's the fabric that I purchased for it. It's already quilted!

I also found some other scraps that I thought were really pretty, and I"m sure I"ll be able to find a good use for them, I just have to figure out what exactly. Maybe I"ll try making smaller purses with these. Not quite sure yet. But they are nice!


So, that's what's happening with me. Who knows how long it will take me to finish these projects. It seems that I can't get much done during the day, with the kids needing my attention. But I'll be sure to post updates!

No comments: